Monday, February 06, 2006

Another intro

Hi there. I'm Simone. I have a (brand new) knitting blog here.

I learned how to sew in elementary school. I did a week-long kids sewing class one summer, and made a hideous pair of shorts - the fabric was dark blue with cows! I also took sewing classes in school when I was 12-14. I even made a skirt at that time... but it was too small. I'm hoping for a better fit this time around!

I got a new sewing machine in October, and I'm looking forward to trying to sew something new with it. I'm planning on taking some green/brown plaid fabric I bought recently and model it after this store-bought skirt.



It's a 'tulip' shaped skirt. I love the shape of it and the fit is good.





Here's a mock up!


Sorry if these pictures are too big. I'm new at this.

I probably won't start sewing this until after the knitting olympics are over, but I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else is up to.