Monday, February 06, 2006

Greetings from chilly (finally!) Connecticut! My name is Marcia, and I'm a fiber addict. Oh, wait, wrong group. Seriously, I haven't had much time to fit sewing into my life lately with my knitting and spinning, but when Stephanie told me about the Sew Along, I decided to join. I have been sewing off and on for much of my life...I actually remember hand-sewing doll clothes when I was maybe six years old. My gramma was a professional seamstress at one point in her life and my mom sewed for herself and us kids. (I'll never forget that Peter Pan costume she made for my little brother!) I took the required sewing classes in junior high (I'd much rather have gone to woodworking!) and went on to make prom gowns for every prom I attended in college, maternity clothes, lots of curtains, and those Halloween costumes for my kids. My sewing for the past ten years or so has been mostly in the quilting department, but I still do curtains, simple slipcovers and lots of tote bags. I'd like to invite anyone who needs help to feel free to email me (spinnerella@aol.com) and I'll do what I can to help with your problems. Maenwhile, check your local bookstore or newstand...the latest issues of Butterick and Vogue sewing magazines are out with lots of spring ideas and techniques. Another good magazine is called Threads....mostly techniques.