Friday, February 03, 2006

Hello From Wyoming

Hi Everyone. I'm so glad you are all interested in our little sew-along! Personally, I had no idea there were so many knitters who were itching to sew a skirt! This is going to be a whole lot of fun.

I'm Stephanie from Wyoming and most days you can find me at Unwind. Because I live in rural Wyoming, my shopping is limited to the internet. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the internet, but I get frustrated with buying clothes on-line and paying the prices most places want for a simple skirt. So, this sew-along will be perfect. I haven't sewn a garmet since my 4-H days, but I've made a few bags and some curtains in the last few months. I can sew a straight line (sometimes), but the details of sewing a garmet are new to me.

I'm going with the A-line skirt from Betsy Ross. I've read through the pattern and the directions seem very straight foward. I decided to use a charcoal grey herringbone wool flannel (which arrived yesterday!) and I'm going to try to line it. The pattern doesn't have directions for lining, so I'm going to need some help and advice on that, but it didn't make much sense to me to make a wool skirt without a lining. My office is pretty conservative and it won't be warm enough to wear cotton around here until at least June, so I figured the wool would be a good place to start and I'm sure there will be more skirts in my future.

I am so excited to get started on this project, and I hope you all are too. February 15th can't get here fast enough for me. Happy pattern and fabric hunting. See you soon.