Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Yet another introduction

Hi everyone! My name is Shana and I can be found at SilverTuesday. Like many others here, my sewing experiments began with clothes for my Barbies when I was a kid. My mom sewed and I'd use her scraps to make tiny dresses and skirts. In my early teens I made a few skirts and dresses for myself, which didn't always turn out well.

In the last few months I've decided to try my hand at sewing again and bought the Sewing For Dummies book to help guide me. So far I've made a shirt, two skirts, a dress, and two pairs of pants. Of those the shirt and one of the pants turned out horribly.

I'll be doing the Simplicity pattern #5524, the shorter of the two styles. I have this soft camel colored fabric I bought a few weeks ago to use for it.

I'm excited to be here and I look forward to seeing everyone's skirts!