Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Howdy! (A boring post with no pictures)

(Well, my son hit publish while I was away from the computer, sorry about that!)

My name is Carrie, and I'm happy to be joining y'all! I have been knitting for about a year and a half now, and I have been sewing -- at least, I've owned a sewing machine -- since Christmas. The truth is until I received my sewing machine as a gift, I'd never even turned one on, so I'm truly starting from ground zero.

Since then, I've sewn two capes for my son (with much help from my mom) and I'm working on a lining for a bag that I knit (all by myself). I'm in the process of ripping out the side seams because I sewed them in the wrong place, but overall I'm happy with how the project is going.

So I'm thrilled to be joining y'all and can't wait to actually do something useful with my sewing machine! I haven't picked out a bag or a pattern yet; I'm hoping to get some time to do that this weekend. I'll let y'all know when I get that far!