Friday, April 21, 2006

Back Pack...it's a good thing

This is a MY FAVORITE THINGS pattern. It took some doing, but I like how it turned out. This was fabric I had in my stash, back from when I was into everything southwest. I like backpacks...your hands are free and they carry quite a bit. This one holds A LOT.

The pockets in front aren't very useful, but I suppose if I had a young child, they would find a use for them. There are pockets inside also and a zippered area in the flap/cover.


This is where the flap attaches...right down where the outside pockets are. I used odd buttons that I had around...there are even a couple of vintage ones that I added just because the colors fit with the fabric. I padded the straps and they are adjustable.

Here's where the straps adjust.

So, if you're in the mood for a little challange...if I can do it, everyone can...it just took a bit of time...this is a great bag for moms, kids, grandmoms, dads...very useful.

Oh yeah...you can put a BIG knitting project in here...plus lunch, or even a laptop quilt project.

I recommend this pattern. The folks at MY FAVORITE THINGS make it simple for anyone...very good directions and drawings. Posted by Picasa