Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Booty Fly Bag


Hello again! My name is Kathy. I participated in the skirt round and made the Mello Kitty. This time I made the Amy Butler In Town bag you see up there. You can read more into it at my brand new improved blog now over here.

I have to say that I love the beginner flavour the pattern has to offer. I bought three and hope that's the deal with all of them (I also got the Cafe Apron and the Madison bag which I will be making next). I got it done with one quick session of cutting out the pattern pieces (I have since purchased a huge cutting mat at a quilt shop along with a cutting wheel cause my scissors are a total joke) and sewed it all together while Edie slept in on Saturday morning. I couldn't believe it! Thus the googly eyes in the picture. Nice too to have a little classy bag for a change after schleping around a huge knitting/diaper backpack everywhere I go for the last 17 months.

Too much fun! Thanks again ladies for organizing this otherwise I'd probably just be knitting, and knitting, and knitting...