Saturday, April 29, 2006

Finished Last Night

I spent last night finishing hand sewing the lining in my purse. I am not able to post pictures right now, but I wish I could as I am really pleased with how it turned out! I had some really nice(subtle, not bright and glaring) shimmery gold/green material and I lined it with a very pretty peach. It has a zipper and a single handle.

I am also almost finished another bag, made of an Old Navy sweater that I got at Value Village for $1.99. It was 100% lambswool, but it had a hole in the front down by the hem. I washed it until it was a nice tight fabric and then cut it out and made a cute little square bag with a zipper and a single handle. (just kind of made it up as I went along) I would like to line it in a great red fabric that has bright little tulips on it. I would also like to make a flower out of the lining fabric, in the style of the one that is on the orange striped bag posted by Craftymodster.

I also have a great black pillow case with bright red hibiscus like flowers on it, and a plain silvery grey pillow case(again—Value Village--.99) that I am going to make the origami purse out of.

My daughter asked me how many purses I needed……..she just doesn’t get it! J