I finished the bag yesterday except for the buttons. The original buttons I got were way too large for a bag this size.
What I learned:
1) Even though I used mid-weight decorating fabric I wish the handbag was less floppy. Next time I'll use stabilizer as well.
2) When making a bag this size, I'll go with a smaller overall pattern. I wasn't really able to fit a whole scene anywhere, so I spent days hemming and hawing over what was going to be on the main part of the bag. Finally I said screw it and just cut.
3) Toggle buttons are a pain.
But the most important things I learned...
4) I like making bags.
5) Alongs are fun.
Possibly a swing bag next (I'm working my way up to the Weekender)