Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A Gift is Done...

I have finally finished the baby quilt I started a while back. I have finishing problems, for sure! But I think it goes a bit deeper than that. I like this little quilt so much that I hate to give it up!

So, off it goes to a deserving mother and child. I put the baby's name and birthdate on the back on a little square that I embroidered. Behind the square I put my name and the year I made it. I have also heard that quilter's put their name and the date under the binding. You would think that this would be for the future but what I heard is that there have been quilts stolen at quilt shows so now folks sign their quilts inconspicuously. Only the maker knows where it is signed. But I signed mine for the future.


I have really enjoyed seeing everyone's quilted lovelies and have been inspired by many of them. Thanks to all the sewknitters out there! Posted by Picasa