Monday, March 06, 2006

bias cut skirt

I managed to sew my bias cut skirt on Saturday. If not for sewiknit, I don't think I would have taken the effort to sew, so my appreciation goes out to stephanie, yaiann and marirob for hosting this sewalong. I made my skirt out of stretchy black fabric with little polka dots (they're so small you can't see them in the photo). There was just enough fabric. And I managed to sew it with an elastic waistband, so postponing my zipper conquest once again. Oh well, there's always next time. The skirt does not flare at the hem as much as the one pictured in the magazine I showed earlier, because I used a non-fraying fabric and did not hem the skirt edge. I just cut the edge as neatly as I could, and voila, it was done. I'm wearing my new skirt to work tomorrow!