Wednesday, March 29, 2006

skirt=bag!


This is also my first "a-long" and I'm excited to get started on my bag. I've done some sewing in my past, but it has been quite a few years since I've attempted anything other than hemming pants!

I don't have much of a plan yet, but I'm putting my own twist on the project: I am only going to use items I already own and I am going to figure out a pattern as I go along.

Pictured above is the lower half of a skirt that had to be cut shorter after the skirt got damaged in the washing machine. This lower part has a snap-clasp, ribbon and lots of large areas of fabric. My goal is to make a bag that is big enough for just a couple of credit cards, my keys and my cellphone. I also have some fabric from an old sheet that will be perfect for the lining.

me: Michelle L. (a.k.a. Mishka)
blog: chaifae.blogspot.com