Monday, October 30, 2006

On My Way

After a bit of a stump with ideas for holiday presents, i am officially on my way. I have finished a couple of small projects, but i'm excited about what is still to come. After spending the afternoon yesterday sitting by the fire and reading over my various craft books, i have decided on a few gifts. I still have more to think of, but i will wait to see people's gift lists first.

For instance, i'm going to use this beautiful silk fabric to make a tea pot cozy for my partner's grandmother.

And this awesome pre-Star Wars fabric will be made into a framed canvas art piece. My brother-in-law Loves Star Wars and just had a baby boy. I'm going to embroider his name into the fabric and then frame it.

And, i finished a yo-yo belt for my sister, as well as these cute ballerina cake topper magnets.

My other ideas include making placemats for my mom with Indian block print stencils, a felt record dog toy for my brother-in-law's dog, and a book purse for my sister. I will post again soon to share my progress!