Wednesday, August 09, 2006

A Bright Baby Quilt



Hi, everyone. I'm pleased to meet and sew along with you all. Obligatory background information: I'm a soon-to-be 36 year old mom of twin 6 year old boys. We homeschool, so life is crazy-hectic and crazy-fun. I'm a transplanted Yankee living in the south (I'm from Ohio, and hence never knew I was a Yankee until I met my in-laws. Live and learn!) You can also find me at my regular blog, Flyin' Needles.

My quilt is a bright little thing destined for a close friend's new baby. I love the idea of a scrap quilt for this, because I am giving her pieces of my family's past. When I look at the fabric, I see new fabrics bought just for the new baby, fabrics from a picnic quilt she admired, fabrics from my sister's wedding quilt, and ones left over from sewing for my own boys.

The pattern is 'Spider Web' from Scrap Quilt - Strips and Spider Webs by Marcia Lasher.

I look forward to seeing everyone's projects progress.