Friday, August 11, 2006

Just to make you think I'm working on a quilt...

This is a pretty hectic time for me-I'm moving out of state tomorrow-so I'm not really working on anything for the sewalong this time, but I thought I would share a little about my quilting. Hopefully I will be able to get my machine up and running again soon!

I learned to quilt almost 7 years ago. When I started knitting all quilting came to a screeching halt. I joined this sewalong to get motivated to sew again, in the hopes that I might finish this quilt:

I have about 2/3 of the machine quilting left. Of course I was quickly dazzled by all kinds of new sewing projects and have not worked on it at all.

I love batiks. I've just started collecting fabric for a wall quilt from the book Batik Beauties by Laurie Shifrin. It will probably be months before I can actually work on the quilt, but at least I can shop for fabric!