Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Hello, Sewers!

Hi everyone! I'm Jessica, and this is my first post to the sew-along. I live in Brooklyn, and am a knitter who is trying very hard to become a better sewer as well. I'm so glad this month's project is a quilting project, as I just happened to start taking a quilting class at Purl Patchwork in NYC! Our project for the class is to make a 4-block mini quilt--nothing too strenuous since none of us have ever quilted before.
After my first class, I was sent home with instructions to cut, and begin to sew together my block pieces:
And finish one, the log cabin block:
And now I have all 4 of my quilt blocks finished! Hooray!
On to the sashing and the borders, and then I'll have to learn how to machine quilt. It's going to be cute and small and I can't wait till it's done!