Sunday, July 09, 2006

Two more tops

I've managed to fit in some sewing sessions today and last Sunday - and the result is two more tops, in quite different styles:

This one is Butterick 4789, made with 1 yard of knit fabric. This isn't one of my better efforts. Although I like the finished top, there's a lot of sloppy sewing (mostly on the inside, so it's not visible in the photo). The pattern is easy, but I'm not that good at working with stretch knit fabric. The only modification I made was to shorten the length - the pattern is tunic-style and I chopped about 3 1/2" off the bottom.

I think this one might actually be the same pattern as Nickie's - it's McCall's 4304. I used 2 yards of a light cotton print. My mods: I didn't use interfacing and I used grosgrain ribbon instead of a fabric tie. This one is much better sewn - I'm quite proud of how nice it looks inside and out. I find that I need to wear a camisole underneath, however, since the front opening tends to show some skin.

I look forward to seeing the rest of the tops come in this week... everyone else's are lovely.