Sunday, July 23, 2006

Umm, more than just a bit late...

I know I've missed the dealine for the top sew along, but I finally finished something!

Remember this top?? I think I'd nicknamed it the Kimono top from hell...


Well thanks to the "magic" that my new dressmaker form holds, it now looks like this:

Front

Back
Specs:
Pattern: McCalls 4304. View A
Fabric: I think it was from Spotlight, so long ago.
Time frame: You're joking, right? umm, almost a year....
but 2 hours to finsh from the first photo to complete.
.
Things I'd do different: Longer in the bodice and choose different sleeves, a combination of the length of view B and the sleeves of view C.
These ones are boxy, ok, but boxy (or "funny" as DH said)
.
It's funny, because for all this time the facings were giving me grief, and the minute I put it on the form it all fell into place, it just clicked. WOW, see magic!
Now if I can go with the magical flow and get thru the rest of my to do list.....
By the way, any suggestions for a name for the dressmakers form?
For this round I'm hoping to get this quilt done, which I've had for a bit in kit form. I think it's just the right size for the time frame, so hopefully no more late posting!