Wednesday, June 14, 2006

New Member

Hi, I'm a new member. My name is Emily, I'm 39 (really!) and I live outside Chicago. I am an artist (quilts) and mom to three young kids, ages 6, 4, and 1.

I have sewn clothes since I was a teenager. I used to make more clothing than I do now, because other projects: quilts, knitting, kids, have taken over. I hope to get back into it, I love to sew.

I made a blouse last month, before the sew-along started, and you can see it on my blog. The one I'm making this month is going to be the same pattern, Burda 2561, only I'm going to make it short sleeved and change the collar.

Here's my fabric and pattern:












I'm listed in the sidebar as doing the Artful Dodger pattern from Hot Patterns, but I liked the way the blouse from this pattern turned out so I changed my mind. To make matters even more confusing, I'm listed incorrectly in the sidebar as "Erica P" instead of "Emily P".

I've been enjoying seeing everything you all are whipping up. Glad to be a part of this group!