Thursday, June 01, 2006

A tardy newbie


Hello everyone!

I`m Päivi from Finland. I`ve been reading this blog for a while but didn`t join in until now (and due to some computer problems, almost missed it...), though I happened to make a tote in May and it was nice to lurk around here and see the bags everyone was doing (Amy Butler Weekender bags are so great!).

I´m a beginner in both knitting and sewing, though in the past year I`ve knit more than sewn. I think joining this sew-along will make me actually finish something, plus it`ll surely be a great source of inspiration. And I´ll have somebody else to ask for help except Mum. :)

Even before knowing the next project I`d had my eye on this top. Pattern is from the latest issue of a Finnish magazine, Moda. I`m thinking red or maybe black, or maybe something light-coloured with flowers if I´ll find a cute flowery fabric.