Thursday, February 16, 2006

Done!

Yes ladies, I've raced through my first skirt project in a long time. I think it may have something to do with the fact that I have essays coming up and sewing is very theraputic and great for the productive procrastinator.

This is the pattern I made, using this fabric:


It took me about one evening to cut everything out (which was confusing, the pattern makes it seem far more complicated than it should be). It then took me about an afternoon to sew.


I'm quite pleased with how the skirt turned out in general. I made a very silly and simple mistake though: I bought the pattern a while ago, when I was about 15lbs thinner. The skirt still fits, luckily, it just has to sit higher. Luckily, I prefer the length when it's sitting higher anyway :)

So, what do you guys think? :)