Thursday, February 09, 2006

Hello and Pattern Info


Hi! I'm Alissa. I'm excited about this sewalong, since I'm a better knitter than seamstress. I've sewn for years, but not very well, and not very consistently.

For this I've chosen New Look 6327, which I already have and have sewn once before. I think I'll be using view C, which hits just below the knee, and without the little ruffle at the bottom.

I'll be using a maize colored linen fabric, and hopefully making another out of chocolate brown linen, too, if I get the fabric.

I'm going to try to post updates on my progress here, as well as at my blog on Xanga. My blog content tends to be all over the place.

I'm looking forward to more Sew? I knit! alongs. Like maybe a dress or blouse? (nudge nudge)

BTW, for those who are still undecided, I noticed Betsy Ross has some cute skirt patterns, and is also putting together some kits for skirts, including fabric.