Saturday, February 04, 2006

Pam's Intro

Hey everyone! Well, if none of you mind, I'm going to be one of those who's probably going to ask a ton of questions! But before I ask my very first one, let me introduce myself.


I'm listed as Pamela on the sidebar, but I'll go by Pam or Pamela. I have three blogs, but my main one for all my projects and bits and bobs is Random Thoughts By Pam. I'm married, mother of three girls and we live in Virginia.


I used to sew Barbie outfits with my grandmother many years ago, attempted to make myself a dress back about ten years ago and since then, well, all I've done is make one bag (with lots of help!) and sew patches on my husband's uniforms. But my sewing machine and I are getting to be good friends so I'm off to try something harder!

So for my first question. I went to Wal-Mart today to look at patterns as I have never made anything with a pattern. I found one that was my size, but my dilemna is this: My hips are 51/52 inches, but my waist is 38/39. When I'm looking at patterns, what measurement do I go by? How do I make something with such drastic differences in inches? I'm at a lost!!

I really can't wait to get started. I think I have enough material to make a skirt, just can't figure out what to do about the pattern. Help!! TTYL!