Friday, February 03, 2006

Hi there - From Alison

Hi there everyone, My name is Alison (aka AL) from Just Another Day! I just moved a few months ago from Arizona to Marietta, GA. I am an avid knitter plus I love to crochet and scrapbook.

For years I have wanted to learn the women handy arts (knitting, crocheting, sewing, quilting, etc.) and finally got around to most of them. My sewing is elementary at best but I do sew a mean straight line!! Before I moved I upgraded my K-Mart Singer Sewing Machine to a Singer Commercial Grade Machine - it doesn't do a ton buy boy is it fast! I have been making needle holders for my knitting needles and crochet hooks, and I bought an apron pattern that I have to get around to making! (I even hemmed my husbands pants once - and after two hours of sweating, cursing and a bit of crying -- by me not him -- I finished but didn't think I'd attempt that again.)

Anyway - I am excited to be a part of this and I hope that I do have one cool skirt to show for it! I've never put a zipper in before so I am happy that this will force me to learn. The pattern i have picked is the Betsy Ross A-line skirt pattern! It's been ordered and we should be on our way!