I have finished my bag, finally! I've had the supplies for about a year but they've just been sitting around so guess its a use what you have piece also.
I used the Diaper Bag pattern from Amy Butler and was very happy with it, but there is one thing I would do differently and would recommend to others if you are planning on making this bag. When sewing the bottom of the lining, use a 3/4″ seam allowance and trim it to 1/2″ after you sew. This will eliminate the giant mass of fabric I have in the bottom of the bag due to the fact that the bag and lining are exactly the same size. Add in the combined seam allowances of 1″ and you’ve got too much fabric and not enough room for it to go. Unfortunatly I didn’t realize it in time and my bag was already turned out and for the life of me I could not get it to go back inside out. Other than that I can’t believe how nice this bag came out. Yea!
This sew along is great and everyone's bags are coming out so well, I can't wait for what's next.