Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Swing Bag





May I present the ever popular Swing Bag designed by Amy Butler. I started this project three weeks ago and just finished putting all the pieces together over the weekend. I spend an hour to have all the pieces cut out, that usually takes me the longest in order to make sure I'm cutting it right. It took me about 3 hours to sew and about 10 minutes to hand-stitch the opening close section after turning the bag inside-out .

Since this is a reversible bag, I've decided not to add pockets to the interior of the bag. Surprisingly, the pattern is really not that hard for beginner. The only tedious thing I learned is that you have to turn the bag inside-out after sewing around the whole bag with the exterior and reversible side facing each other. Overall I think this is a super fun and easy project for a beginner. I'm loving it!