I finished Velma in the wee hours of the morning. And I love her!!!
There are a few things I'll do differently the next time I make this bag. The first thing is cut the fabric out correctly. I didn't center the front flap, and, personally, I think the whole bag looks off kilter because of it. However, other people have said it's fine. I'm going to buy some sort of broach (like the one shown on the pattern) to put in the center of the flap, in order change the skew of it. I think I'd also trim the seam allowances a bit before I close everything up. The seams are quite thick around the top of the bag, and I think it will make it hard for the bag to fold up properly while I'm carrying it. Other than that, I am pleased with the outcome of the bag. I'm taking it shopping with me tomorrow :-)