Monday, April 03, 2006

My Bag



Here is my first finished bag. Hopefully, there will be at least one more this month. I deviated from the original plan because 1) I was too lazy to do the math to make the size I wanted, 2) I didn't have the zipper size I wanted on hand, 3) I didn't have black cotton that I wanted for contrast on hand, 4) Too lazy and too cheap to go to the store and buy what I had in mind. This is what I made instead. I still quilted the fabric because I think that is what I liked about the duffle. I let my husband talk me out of the zipper, not that it took much, and who knew he would have an opinion about the opening of a tote? I put two pockets in, one small one on the side for phone and keys and one larger one for whatever. The closure is a snap. I have to say that I really like this bag. I told myself that I would give it to my sister, but I really like this bag. I do have more of the Roosters, but not the batik. And I assure you that my sister would not carry a bag if she even thought that I had one just like it, even though we live 400 miles apart. Little sisters. *sheesh*

Thank you for the suggestion of pintucks to bring my dragonflies closer together. that will make for a roomier interior, too, I would think. Great Idea! Now I need to go look into this Amy Butler and her bags, I was not aware of her before. Thanks for all the inspiration!